Neko

by Matei73




Recent Updates:
Oct. 10, 2026: Site /link back buttons updated 🔔
Sept. 30, 2026: Added Jen in blogroll


NETWORK: CLIQUES & WEBRINGS


Everbloom Cosmos
Stardaze Alcyone
Zodiac Scorpio
Bubblelicious Peach Green Tea


◀ Previous | Cozy Drink Wildberry Tea | Next ▶

◀ Previous | Retronaut Webring | Next ▶

Alo! Welcome and happy browsing 🤍
» index about micro blog media links Guestbook DM 💫
✎﹏﹏ Friday, August 21, 2026, 7:13 PM 0(comment)

frustrated
icon: sawako
music: Easy - Mac Ayres
 
Today I finally took a mental health day off from work as silly as that may sound (especially to my folks).
 
 
Details

I truly think I'm already blessed enough with where I am and with the work that I do. We have ample days off within the week, good colleagues (except for one), manageable workload, and sensible management. I have a caring and responsible partner that cherishes me dearly and knows how to break my critically uptight mentality.

So it puzzles me why I still feel distraught, tired and fed up. Am I starting to be entitled? Because these used to be my goals and now that I'm here, I feel discontented.

I do feel it stems from wanting to have a "break" - in the sense of breaking free from trying to financially prepare for the worst; to go have a decent holiday and actually enjoy and not be thinking of the financial damage it'll cost. I barely took a break for nearly more than 4 years, Neh and I have never been to a holiday of our own since his arrival in NZ and I don't go out of my way to go out of town for a change of pace. All because these entail costs.

I feel that it's gotten worse that I would cry watching clips of old cartoons or seeing people go to concerts or events that we wanted to go to but couldn't due to work. I miss being a child free from responsibilities and living life day by day.

This I understand is a me problem. I somewhat inherently have no regard in taking breaks or holidays as this was how I was brought up. When I was still new to the workforce, I'd begged my parents to allow me to take a sick leave when I'm not feeling well. They'd ridicule me for wanting to rest, to just take pain medication and still go to work. I don't think I've ever gone on a sick leave when I was still living under their roof unless it was a serious asthma attack. The memory has never left me and I feel has impacted how I treat work today.

But don't get me wrong, I'm also thankful for their discipline as it taught me grit and hard work though to some extent in an unhealthy way. 

・・・・・・・・・・   
 
At this point I stopped typing as I was bawling my eyes out. It was a good and probably much needed crying session. I felt more clarity after the unimpeded release (I should cry more often).


I feel I've been trying to suppress the things that could have made me happy for such a long time essentially to get where I am today. Though I'm an adult now and should stop blaming history and start deciding for myself. Life is short and I should learn to let go of old restrictive ways.

Labels: ,

« previous
next »