![]() | |
| rejuvenated |
music: Pag-ibig - Noel Cabangon
Last night at around 9:10 hospital called for me to report for duty for the 11pm-7am shift. I most certainly have no right to decline since I am on "on-call" status and agreed to go. I rushed in preparing myself for duty and tried to leave as early as I can for safety purposes since its already late at night.
Actually I was pulled out from my station or unit (Carmel) to another (Medal). So I was really quite anxious and frantic on how it'll gonna be and if the people I'll be working with are kind enough to their juniors.
Making the whole story short, they were certainly one of the best people I've worked with on the hospital and aside from the good experiences, there were also unexpected things that happened...One of the patients assigned to me expired on our shift...
He was a good and cooperative patient. I was even able to give his due medicine this early in the morning and remembered him thanking me for it. But 2 hours after, when it was finally time to give him his due medicines, there it happened. We tried our best to revive the patient but it was futile
People from the station kinda labeled me the it was my baptism to that kind of experience for it was truly my 1st time. But despite the happenings I am very much thankful for how the senior nurses treated me and made me feel very much welcome. They didn't left me alone to handle the situation but guided me through it. I am truly touched by their hospitality and sense of camaraderie as fellow colleagues.
I just wish I had provided more comfort to the relative at that time for it was only him who was looking out for the patient... Will do pray for my patient's soul and that he'll find eternal peace.
P.S. I still haven't wrote my tragically heartbreaking 1st duty as an on-call in the hospital. Might never write the whole thing anymore but I certainly learned from there that you need to stand back up and show people that you could overcome difficulties, move on, and grow.
NETWORK: CLIQUES & WEBRINGS
Cosmos
Alcyone
Scorpio
Peach Green Tea
Wildberry Tea | 
index
micro blog
links

Sunday, February 24, 2013,
♛
A lot has changed since I've started this space but my love for reading blogs and admiring web designs remained the same. I am still though the quiet person who loves to stay within the comforts of her own home. Procrastinating is my best friend as much as I hate it though I try to be a sensible adult for the most part! My life's pretty simple and mundane but I like it that way. My dream is to simply have enough for my basic needs and wants, as well as the occasional indulgence in life's pleasures.


















































