music: RYUSENKEI - Summer Ray
This week was mostly nothing but DragonSword! It took most of our free time and even slept at 5am last Wednesday because we kept grinding in game. DragonSword is in some ways the spiritual successor of the 2010 online game, Dragon Nest. It's mainly DN's devs separating and forming their own studio giving birth to this new game.
Dragon Nest's highlight was its combat, it was way ahead of its time. It was fun, fluid, action-packed and had a variety of class abilities. Neh and I used to play it a lot during our uni years and we even managed to drag a few friends to join us in game. It was so good that when we were able to slow down in life and were ready to get back to it, we scavenged the internet to find a decent private server.
The original Dragon Nest, like a lot of games, was a huge wasted potential due to mergers, publisher shutdowns and power creep. Still though, that game gained us good online friends (who we are still in contact with up to this time) and fond youthful memories (lol). It will forever hold a loving place in my heart.
DragonSword, unlike its predecessor, is mostly a single-player game (to me and Neh's demise). Much of its world exploration, content unlocking or discovery, including dungeon fights are mostly accomplished as a single-player. A 2-player co-op is only possible when doing a few selected boss fights and raids. Despite all these, I'm thankful that for now, it is not (yet) pay to win. Most things in game can be obtained by grinding and exploration. I though have qualms regarding unlocking mount ability levels due to some being a DLC. That bit is now P2W but it's so minor and slightly negligible to the gameplay that I'll let it slide.
Dragon Nest's highlight was its combat, it was way ahead of its time. It was fun, fluid, action-packed and had a variety of class abilities. Neh and I used to play it a lot during our uni years and we even managed to drag a few friends to join us in game. It was so good that when we were able to slow down in life and were ready to get back to it, we scavenged the internet to find a decent private server.
The original Dragon Nest, like a lot of games, was a huge wasted potential due to mergers, publisher shutdowns and power creep. Still though, that game gained us good online friends (who we are still in contact with up to this time) and fond youthful memories (lol). It will forever hold a loving place in my heart.
DragonSword, unlike its predecessor, is mostly a single-player game (to me and Neh's demise). Much of its world exploration, content unlocking or discovery, including dungeon fights are mostly accomplished as a single-player. A 2-player co-op is only possible when doing a few selected boss fights and raids. Despite all these, I'm thankful that for now, it is not (yet) pay to win. Most things in game can be obtained by grinding and exploration. I though have qualms regarding unlocking mount ability levels due to some being a DLC. That bit is now P2W but it's so minor and slightly negligible to the gameplay that I'll let it slide.
Beyond that, DragonSword's a worth it game for its price. Once again just like DN, combat is good (notice that this is my top criteria for a game?). There's lots of easter eggs for good old Dragon Nest players and I appreciate how they retained some architecture, character design, monsters and even skill animation from its predecessor. I am personally somewhat invested in Roxy since she's the closest character gameplay to my Tempest ♥
Labels: game
NETWORK: CLIQUES & WEBRINGS
Cosmos
Alcyone
Scorpio
Peach Green Tea
Wildberry Tea | 
index
micro blog
links
Sunday, August 02, 2026,
♛
A lot has changed since I've started this space but my love for reading blogs and admiring web designs remained the same. I am still though the quiet person who loves to stay within the comforts of her own home. Procrastinating is my best friend as much as I hate it though I try to be a sensible adult for the most part! My life's pretty simple and mundane but I like it that way. My dream is to simply have enough for my basic needs and wants, as well as the occasional indulgence in life's pleasures.


















































